There’s no doubt; it’s essential to teach your four-legged animals etiquette. However, doing that with the aid of a collar is not the right step. Collars cause suffocation and bruises to the dog neck, and it’s pretty painful to wear them. So then, What’s the solution? Instead of using collars, consider utilizing the dog harnesses for your canine.
But, before you jump into the market, it’s crucial to know about the fundamentals of dog harness. So, without wasting any more time, let’s dive into the topic.
Before you use a dog harness, you should know not all products are equally created. Therefore, select the correct type of dog harness.
Instead of targeting the neck area, the body harnesses distribute weight throughout the dog’s body. This design makes it more comfortable for dogs to wear and move around correctly. Moreover, few benefits indicate why you should use a dog harness.
- Few dog species have fragile bones and especially the neck. Therefore, with a minor pull or snap, there’s a greater chance of breaking the bones. However, with the aid of a dog harness, the pressure doesn’t target a specific region, hence preventing from breakage of bones.
- Secondly, with a dog harness, it’s pretty easy to give direction to your dog. On the other hand, with a collar, it’s impossible to handle a rude dog.
How to put on a kong dog harness? Educate yourself about the proper utilization of this product.
The construction of the front-clip harness is the same as the body harness. The only difference they have is the leash is attached to the front chest plate.
- For training your dog, the front-clip harnesses work effectively. While controlling, your dog will take a natural turn, and eventually, it will slow their movement.
- First of all, try the harness on your dog. It’s essential to ensure whether it fits properly and your dog is comfortable. If you get a positive response, then went out with your dog.
- Your dog will show avoidance in his behavior. Therefore, instead of forcing him to wear the harness, use the aid of treats. Place chews and treats near the harness so that he gets familiar with the product.
- Some dogs are hesitant when you touch them. So, in this manner, touch their skin where you will bind the harness. And give them treats while doing that.
- Please don’t remove the harness when they get used to it. While dinner and other activities keep the rein on, it will help dogs adapt to the environment. Also, with more practice of this, your dog will understand harnesses don’t cause any damage.
Which is better, harness or collar? This argument is going on for several years. Yet, people are still stuck in this dilemma. It sounds like a cliche, but according to our research, dog harnesses are the better option. Although they cost some extra bucks, yet your dog will feel comfortable in his walk. So, as an enthusiastic pet owner, you should utilize a dog harness.