Quickbooks error 6123 0 is a company file error that you can encounter while trying to restore the backup of your required company file. The error can suddenly appear on the screen and will interrupt you from using the company file. Also, the error can occur while you are operating the Quickbooks application in multi-user mode. In this port, we have explained how you can resolve the error easily with some quick fixes. Go through the article to know in detail about the 6123 error Quickbooks.
Triggers of Quickbooks Error 6123
Check out the list of all the possible reasons for which you can face the Quickbooks error -6123, 0.
- The most common reason is that Windows is damaged.
- Also, your company file may be damaged.
- Other than this, you may be trying to restore the company file from any external storage.
- There are chances that the network connection is disrupted.
- You may also encounter the error because the antivirus installed on the system is interrupting the process.
- The Quickbooks data files may be damaged or corrupted.
- The Windows users are damaged.
Solutions to Fix Quickbooks Error Code 6123 0
Below we have mentioned some common methods that you can use to fix the Quickbooks error -6123,0. Follow the steps in the same way as mentioned.
Solution 1: Use Quickbooks Tool Hub
The Quickbooks tool hub is a tool that you can use to fix the common errors that you can face while using the Quickbooks application. Below we have mentioned all the steps that you need to follow to run the Quickbooks tool hub.
- To start with, you will have to terminate the Quickbooks application from the system.
- After this, you will have to download the Quickbooks tool hub from the official website.
- Make sure to save the file from a location where you can easily access it.
- Next, you will have to open your tool hub file and then agree to the terms and conditions. Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the process.
- In the end, you need to double-click on the icon of the Quickbooks tool hub to open the application on the system.
Solution 2: Use Quickbooks File Doctor Tool
The other tool that you can use to fix the Quickbooks error 6123 0 is the Quickbooks file doctor tool. Below we have mentioned all the steps that you need to follow to use the tool.
- First, you will have to start the Quickbooks tool hub on the system.
- Next, in the tool window, you need to choose the option to run the file doctor tool.
- Wait for the tool to load. When the tool will load, you need to click on the Browse option and then go to the location where you have stored the company file. Choose your company file.
- Now, click on the option to check the file only. After this, click on the continue option.
- After this, you may have to enter the admin credentials to proceed with the process.
- Now, the process will start. You will have to wait for the process to complete.
- On completion, you will have to start Quickbooks again.
Solution 3: Start Quick Fix My Program
To use the Quick fix my program feature, you will have to use the Quickbooks tool hub. For this, follow the steps mentioned below.
- First, you will have to open the Quickbooks tool hub on the system and then choose the program problems tab.
- Next, you will have to choose the Quick fix my program option. This tool will take some time to load on the system. Other than this, if you are using more than one Quickbooks version on the system, it can take more time to open.
- In the end, you will have to start Quickbooks.
Solution 4: Rename ND and TLG File
Now, the next method that we suggest you use is to rename the ND and TLG files on the system. For this, follow the steps mentioned below.
- First, you need to look for the folder in which your company file is present.
- In the folder, you need to look for the ND file.
- Right-click on the name of the file and then choose the rename option.
- To rename the file, you will have to add OLD at the end.
- Next, you need to carry out the same set of instructions for the TLG file.
- Once done, you will have to save the files and then open the Quickbooks application.
Solution 5: Install Quickbooks Application Again
To install the Quickbooks application again, follow the steps mentioned below.
- First, you need to open the control panel on the system and then choose to uninstall the Quickbooks application.
- After this, you will have to download the Quickbooks application that you are using on the system. You can also use the Quickbooks installation CD.
- Next, you will have to make sure to install Quickbooks in the normal mode.
- Now, you will have to type the product ID and the license number.
- After this, the Quickbooks application will activate on the system.
- You will now have to try to open the company file on the system.
To Wind Up
Following all the methods that we have mentioned, you can easily get rid of the Quickbooks error -6123 0. In case you still face the error, you will have to take technical guidance.